SUPER VISA FOR PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS
Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents intending to visit their close relatives may apply for long-term visitors’ visas known as Super Visas. Eligible parents and grandparents can apply for a multiple entries Super Visa. The maximum validity date for the Super Visa is ten years. On each entry, Super Visa holders can remain in Canada for periods of up to 2-years.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be a son/daughter of visitor applicant.
- must have minimum necessary income depending on family size
- must buy private health insurance for the visitor applicant valid for minimum 365 days for a liability coverage of $100,000.
- Must sign an official invitation letter in the favour of visitor applicant.
- Must prove his relationship with the visitor applicant by providing a birth certificate or any other official document.
- Must be a father/mother or grandfather/grandmother to the sponsor
- Must not have overstayed in Canada or in any other country in the past 10 years
- Must NOT have any medical or physical disability
- Must NOT have any criminal charges or conviction anywhere
- Must show sufficient ties to the home country such as property, assets, etc.
- Income requirements for Sponsor
Size of Family Unit Minimum necessary income 1 person (your child or grandchild) $24,328s 2 persons $30,286 3 persons $37,234 4 persons $45,206 5 persons $51,272 6 persons $57,826 7 persons $64,381 More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add $6,555
Note: The above-noted amounts are revised on yearly basis without any prior notice. Therefore, it is your responsibility to get the updated information about LICO before applying.